This is our default setting. With "open" security, your users can enter any reference number they like and it will create a new unit in Record360. We recommend this option if you are confident your users know what units to inspect and there is low risk of typos or mistakes.
Please note, this option can lead to messy data if your users mistype a reference number, use the wrong format, or attempt to inspect a unit that is not ready for rent. If you would like additional governance, see the additional options below.
With "warn" security, when your users enter a reference number that does not exist in Record360, they will see a warning message asking if they are sure they want to create a new unit.
The warning message will be shown on both the mobile app and when creating a draft on the dashboard.
If a user proceeds and creates a new unit, an email is sent to all Managers indicating a new unit was created.
With "lock" security, your users cannot enter new reference numbers. If they enter a unit number that does not exist in Record360, they will see a message indicating they must enter an existing unit number.
The lock message will be shown on both the mobile app and when creating a draft on the dashboard.
If a user is able to proceed because they are "Offline", an email is sent to all Managers indicating a new unit was created.
- My team uses offline mode. How does that affect my reference number security settings?
- For users with no WiFi or cell reception, they may be using our "Offline" mode. This mode collects their inspection data and allows users to submit the inspection for upload; but the inspection does not actually process & upload until the user's mobile device connects to a cellular or WiFi signal. "Offline" mode users will not receive the "warn" or "lock" messages above, so they will be able to create new units. If they create a new unit, an email will be sent to all Managers in that location.
- How do I get my "approved" unit or fleet list into Record360?
- You can sync your inventory list with Record360 through a one-time manual upload (spreadsheet) or via our RMS Integration. Once we have your asset list, you can use the security settings described above to ensure your users only create inspections for approved units. Additionally, we can use your inventory list to map asset / rental contract data into your checklists and digital forms. Interested in uploading your inventory? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I get set up?
- If you're interested in this additional security, please contact email@example.com.